Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Development Stage 1

In order to follow on from the documentation of the Edmonds Cookbook I have been doing some research into the scientific side of memory. What triggers memory, and how the human body reacts to the experience of rememberance. As science is not something I am naturally drawn towards I have worked through a few ways in which to visually demonstrate memory. At the same time I am trying to establish a relationship between this next stage of my project and the last. I have made a series of 9 marquettes from watercolour paper which demonstrate the act of performing a recipe. The marquettes (or small models) are all named according to the action that they are created from. For example ' Whisk Until Stiff', 'Fold In Gently'. The current stage of work is aimed at developing the conceptual idea of trace and memory into a formal or spatial investigation.



Alex
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment